Louisiana born, but Oklahoma bred. Lee Matthews has been in the radio business since 1982 both behind the mike, behind the scenes and in most all formats. "Talk Radio is my favorite format because it is the one format left that still reaches the listener one on one", Lee said.
One of Lee's favorite charities is the Leukemia Lymphoma society. "Working with the late Mark Shannon tought me a lot about living. If dancing around Bricktown stark naked would help raise money to find a cure for that terrible disease then I'll do it!". Frequently you will see Lee running in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, and other local races, in Mark's honor raising money for the cause.
Lee's other hobbies include cooking, music, scuba diving, model railroading, antique clocks, and playing the ukulele. "Nothing bad can happen to you when you are playing a ukulele", he said.
Lee's mom is from Louisiana, but his father and father's family hails from Seminole and Maud; which is why you will frequently hear him reference it on the air. "I have a grand aunt that once said at a gathering, 'Maud, I sure do love that little town!' and it has become a family joke I use on the air".
A GREAT Source For Holsters, Coaching, And Other Equipment:
Starting to have problems hearing things like me?
My Favorite Roofer
Fix your AC unit to thwart copper thieves
My Favorite Place To Shoot:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. They already do why do we need a memo?
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. Address? Does that mean remove or add?
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. -They already do.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. -Criminals slipping through the cracks are not the problem-crazy people getting guns is!
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background
check on an individual before returning a seized gun. -Propose rule making? There are already rules-laws.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. -Publish all the letters you want there is no way to enforce background checks on person to person transactions.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. -you mean like the stop smoking campaign? Like the warning labels on video games? Like the rating system on movies?
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). -Criminals don't use gun locks and gun safes!
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. -they already do. Why do we need a memo to remind them?
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it
widely available to law enforcement. -Like the FBI and BATF? Evidently they need it!
11.Nominate an ATF director. -why not! More bureaucracy always works!
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper
training for active shooter situations. I would hope law enforcement and first responders are already trained? School officials, now you're talking!
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. -again aren't we already?
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. -I'll save you the memo; gun violence is caused by 1-gangs, 2-mental illness, 3-criminals.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sectorto develop innovative technologies. -I'll save you the report. The safest gun is 1-in the hands of a trained citizen, 2-in the holster of the owner.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. -Yeah, lets 'clarify'. It does. Just ask Harry Reid who insisted upon the clause in the act.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. -and by the way, that patient doctor confidentiality thing? Out the window.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. -until you pay for them your incentives mean nothing.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. -have those "plans" include persons who chose to legally carry and you won't have any "emergencies".
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. -don't look in to just what Medicaid must cover, just release a letter about it.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges. -for those states that have opted out of the ACA exchanges tough tootie.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. -like??????? Commit to what?
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental
health. -so you two aren't talking right now? You need to "launch a dialogue"?